Thought for Today

Yesterday is gone, taking its regrets.

Tomorrow is yet to be, with its possibilities.

Today is here, with people who need your love.

Right Now.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Food Basket Day

Good Wife Sue pointed out to me that the ECW ladies had green beans on Wednesday, not corn. I had corn at my Thursday meeting with the Board of Directors for Kaskaskia Workshop, Inc., a non-profit on which I serve. I knew it was a vegetable of some kind! AND, the symphony was "Reformation" not "Revelation." Anyway, it was good music. More later......

Well, later has now come. I'm doing this on my new laptop - a Dell Inspiron. So far I like it, but the transition from XP is rather large. Vista seems to want to do things its way, not the way I have grown comfortable with. When I first loaded some photos from my camera, I didn't pay attention to where they were going. Trying to find them later was a real chore. But as I have grown more comfortable with the machine things are getting easier.

Today at church we did our annual Thanksgiving Food give-away to 16 families, which included 43 people. That doesn't sound like much, but it is a nice thing for a small family sized church (25 - 50 members) to do. Each box of food cost us $29.44 and it will feed a family of four for three days. Given the state of our economy here that three days can b really important. So I am glad to be able to do it. Helpers this year were Bill and Chonita Smith, Wayne and Sandy Garner, Marcia Lever and Good Wife Sue.

Wayne and I drove to the Save-a-Lot store in his pickup to get the groceries, then everyone chipped in to put them into boxes. After that Wayne, Sandy, and Marcia left while Bill, Chonita, Sue and I stayed to do the actual give-away. From 10:00 AM until noon, people drove into our driveway and picked up their food baskets. All were very thankful, but that isn't why we do it - we do it because we have been told to care for the least of Christ's brothers and sisters.



Good Wife Sue and I are off to Nebraska to spend Thanksgiving with family. I don't know if I'll have time to blog, so in the meantime,

Sleep well and God bless all. TAD+

No comments:

Post a Comment